Terms & Conditions
House of Tales® is a team game for people aged 10 to 99. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult or bring a signed consent form from a parent or guardian. House of Tales® reserves the right to refuse entry without explanation. Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash. House of Tales® reserves the right to change, close or remove components for technical, operational or other reasons without prior notification. In such cases, there can be no refund of the admission price.
1. Booking: All persons listed in the booking must have given their authorisation for the booking to the group leader in advance. If any group members are under 18 years of age, the consent of their parents or guardians must be established. The group leader is also responsible for timely payment to House of Tales®. He or she must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking. Bookings are made through our website www.houseoftales.de. A booking is confirmed through a booking number, and a further confirmation is sent via email to the email address provided at time of booking. Please note that a confirmation may not be received due to an error, such as the classification of the received email in a spam folder. If a ticket is sent correctly, it serves as proof of the booking of the respective rooms. Please check your booking confirmation after receiving it. If the confirmation is or appears incomplete or incorrect, please immediately contact us, as changes are not possible at a later date.
1.1. Voluntary self-regulation: From 14 years of age, young people may take part in our stories alone. However, we recommend that they be accompanied by an adult. From eight years of age, children must be accompanied by an adult in the play rooms, and pay the full fee.Children under eight years of age may be present in the rooms free of charge, as long as they are accompanied by an equivalent number of adults. However they still count toward the maximum number of participants. This rule may be waived by House of Tales® in the context of special group conditions.
2. Payment: House of Cards currently (as of January 2017) accepts cash and payment with EC and credit cards at the cash desk. Payment can also be made with PayPal, bank transfer or credit card online while booking. Furthermore, there is also the possibility to pay by invoice on demand.
2.1. Payment on account: Payment must be made within 14 working days of invoicing.
3. Contract: The allocation of a booking number creates a binding contract between you and us.
4. Cancellations and changes on your part: The return or exchange of tickets is only possible up to 72 hours before your appointment, with a total number of persons of 15 or more the period is 7 days. Please send a written declaration to email@example.com stating the booking number. For every cancellation at shorter notice we charge a fee of 35,00 € (incl. 19% VAT) per booked Escape Room. This regulation also applies to tickets paid for on site on the day of the event.
4.1. Cancellation & changes on our part: It may occur from time to time that House of Tales® is compelled to cancel or change confirmed bookings in order to correct certain details, errors or changes. We reserve the right to do so in such cases.
5. Force majeure: Unless explicitly noted otherwise in these booking conditions, we unfortunately cannot accept any liability or pay compensation if we are unable to provide a service or satisfy our contractual obligations in situations where we are prevented from doing so, or you suffer other damage or loss, due to a case of force majeure (as described in more detail in clause 7 (1) below). For the purpose of these booking conditions, the term force majeure describes an event that House of Tales® could not foresee or forestall despite all due care. Such events may include: war, riots, civil war, terrorist activity or imminent threat thereof, labour disputes, natural or nuclear calamities, threatening weather conditions, fire and all equivalent events that are beyond our control.
6. Our responsibility to you:
6.1. We promise to ensure that the ticket packages which we provide, carry out or make available as agreed within the framework of our contract with you are in fact provided, carried out or made available with the right care and appropriate expertise. This means that we assume responsibility under these booking conditions as illustrated by the following examples: you are affected by an injury or illness that makes it impossible for you to respect the booked date; or your contractual package is not made available or is provided inadequately in terms of what could be expected to be appropriate care and expertise, as a result of neglect on our part or on the part of our employees. Please note that it is your responsibility to prove that reasonable care and expertise were not provided if you wish to make any claims related to our liability. Moreover, please remember that we can only be held responsible for the activities of our employees carried out while they were in an employment relationship with us and carried out work requested by us.
6.2. We assume no responsibility for injury of any kind, deaths, losses, damages, expenses, costs or other sums or claims of any kind which are due to actions and/or omissions on the part of the affected persons or members of your group, or the actions and/or omissions of a third party not connected to the facilitation of your stay, which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or caused by force majeure as defined in paragraph 6.
6.3. Please note that we cannot assume any responsibility for any services that are not contractually fixed. These include any additional services or facilities prepared by a provider which are not explicitly advertised in our brochure or on our website and to the provision of which we have not committed in writing.
6.4. The guarantees extended by us to you related to the services which we have undertaken in writing to make available or provide to you are used as a basis for deciding whether the services in question were duly made available or not.
6.5. Please note that we cannot accept liability for damages, losses, expenses or other amounts of any kind (1) which can be ascribed to information you gave us regarding your booking before we accepted it and which we could not predict would occur, or which we could not predict you would suffer, in the case of a breach on our part of the contract we entered with you, or (2) which cannot be ascribed to a breach of contract or other fault on the part of ourselves or our employees, or – if we are responsible for these – our own providers. Moreover, we can accept no liability for any business losses.
6.6. You must give us and our insurance companies all the assistance we require within a reasonable measure. Furthermore, you must inform us and any affected providers of your claim or complaint, as set out in clause 10 below. If you are requested to do so, you must transfer to us and our insurance companies any rights you assert against the provider or any other party responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is below 18 years of age, his or her parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to fully cooperate with us and our insurance companies if we or our insurance companies wish to enforce a transferred right.
7. Your responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the condition that all persons using them arrive in good health and are able to meet the physical and mental demands posed by the attraction. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of the group be in possession of the required travel and health documents before departure. We can accept no liability or any associated costs if you are denied access to a means of transport or refused entry into the country where the attraction is located, if this is due to a failure to bring the correct documents.
8. Providers’ conditions: Many of the services that are part of your visit are supplied by independent providers. These providers supply these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may – in accordance with the applicable international conventions – limit or exclude any liability of the provider to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the providers concerned.
9. Complaints and other problems: In the unlikely event that you wish to complain about your visit to House of Tales®, or a problem occurs, you must immediately inform us about this. Any verbal notification must be repeated in writing as soon as possible. We can only solve a problem or handle a complaint once we are aware of it. You must therefore contact our team at the attraction you visited and quote your booking number while providing details related to your complaint within 28 days after visiting the attraction. For all complaints or claims which are not linked to a death, personal injury or illness, we can unfortunately not accept any liability if you have failed to make the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
10. Special concerns and medical problems: If you have special concerns, you must inform us of this at the time of booking. While we endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant providers, we can unfortunately not guarantee that all requests will be complied with. The failure to meet a special request will not be considered as an infringement of the contract on our part. A confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the relevant provider, or a mention of the special concern on your invoice or other document shall not be considered as confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until expressly stated otherwise, all special concerns are subject to availability.
11. Recording: As part of our ongoing effort to guarantee the highest standard of service for you, we may check and record your call for training purposes. In addition, we reserve the right to publish photos created by us unless we are not specifically requested otherwise.
12. Arrival & route: Please make sure that you have a route description to the House of Tales® location of your choice in advance. More information is available on www.houseoftales.de.
13. Parking: Please inquire about parking possibilities in advance. Parking will always be considered to be at the risk of the vehicle owner.
14. Delays: Please note that House of Tales® stages live events. Since the spaces are specially prepared for each booking and reserved for the specified period, you are responsible for being punctual when arriving for the booked period by taking into account the possibility of delays due to traffic, public transport issues and other factors. If you are late, we may not be able to provide the agreed service and cannot guarantee that you will be received at the attraction. The ticket will be considered to have expired and you will not be entitled to a refund. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge the full price in these circumstances despite the customers’ absence (unless another agreement is made in advance).
15. House of Tales® may refuse any customer entry to the venue, if there is reason to fear that the person will cause a disturbance due to alcohol or drug consumption, otherwise disrupt the flow of ideas or general business operations, or bother other visitors.
16. Vandalism: Each player will receive detailed instructions at the beginning of the game. This will also quote all safety regulations. We reserve the right to charge the full cost of inventory or game items to anyone responsible for wanton destruction.
17 Film & photo recordings: Players are not permitted to film or photograph inside the missions. All events in the rooms as well as the rooms themselves belong to works protected under §2 of the German Copyright Act. Photographing and production of film, video or audio recordings are prohibited. In case of an unauthorised live recording of an event or part of an event, House of Tales® will file charges with the relevant criminal authorities.
18. Conditions of participation for House of Tales® prize draw & other campaigns:
These general conditions of participation apply to all prize draws organised by House of Tales®. They apply in addition to any specific conditions of participation additionally announced for a prize draw. Each adult person may participate in his or her own name. The deadline for each prize draw is specified individually.
18.1. The current prize draw (xxxx) will start on DD/MM/YYYY at HH:MM and end on DD/MM/YYYY at HH:MM.
18.2. The prize is: XXX
18.3. People can participate by writing to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook comment. There is a maximum of one entry per person. Participation is only possible if complete contact information (name, address & phone number) is submitted.
18.4. Winners will always be selected at random and notified of winning on the following day.
18.5. All personal data will be deleted no later than 30 days after the end of the prize draw. Contact information is only requested from the winners and used exclusively to process the prize. No data is transferred to third parties. Participants have legal rights in terms of information, changes and deletion regarding their personal information.
18.6. The prize draw is not affiliated with or in any way sponsored, endorsed or organised by Facebook. The data and information provided by the participant are not handled by Facebook, but House of Tales®.
18.7. House of Tales® reserves the right to cancel or terminate the prize draw at any time without notice and without indicating a reason.
18.8. Severability clause: If any provision of the conditions of participation should become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions will remain unaffected. The invalid provisions will be replaced by the relevant legal regulations.Tracking deaktivieren